As champions for the community, health centers foster a level of grassroots emergency preparedness that reaches deep into the underserved and vulnerable populations they care for daily. The state's community health centers not only play a significant role in maintaining the health of communities, we are recognized as critical and essential partners in local, statewide and national emergency response. Today, health centers are more than primary care providers - we are community responders.
To contact the League's on-call Emergency Duty Officer, email email@example.com or call 617-988-2229 to leave a message.
To report a change in your health centerís operations due to an emergency or perceived impact, please use our online reporting tool: Operational Status Reporting.
The following links are to resources that can be helpful for preparing for, responding to and recovering from an emergency or disaster.
Training and Education Resources:
- DelValle Institute for Emergency Preparedness - delvalle.bphc.org
- Local Public Health Institute of Massachusetts - www.masslocalinstitute.org
- Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency - mematraining.chs.state.ma.us/TRS
- AmeriCares - http://usaccess.americares.org/
- Direct Relief - http://www.directrelief.org/usa/
- Heart to Heart - http://www.hearttoheart.org/our-work/product-distribution/
- International Medical Corps - https://internationalmedicalcorps.org/
For more information on the League's and health centers' emergency management efforts, contact Tina Wright.
Updated: January 2023