Updated as of 4/20/17:
Below please find some helpful resources from the Boston Mayor's Office for Immigrant Advancement (MOIA) - the majority of which can be used statewide - that can be disseminated to staff, patients and community members regarding immigrant rights. They include:
- MLRI/MCLE Basic Benefits Training Series materials on Immigrants and Public Benefits
- Immigration Clinic Flyer (available in English and Spanish)
- "Know Your Rights" Consumer Alert by the American Immigration Lawyers Association (available in English and Spanish)
- "Rights No Matter Who is President" Advisory (available in Arabic, English, Spanish, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese)
- Massachusetts Attorney General's Hate Crimes Hotline Flyer (available in Arabic, English, Portuguese, and Spanish)
- "Guide to Boston City Services Regardless of Immigration Status" (available in Arabic, English, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, and Vietnamese)
- List of Free and Low Cost Refugee & Immigrant Legal Services Throughout Massachusetts
The Leagus is working to translate these documents into a consistent set of languages; given the recent federal ban, Arabic will be prioritized.
- MOIA is also working with the Political Asylum/Immigration Representation (PAIR) Project to set-up "Know Your Rights" on-site presentations for organizations and community groups. Please let the League know if you are interested in hosting one of these sessions and we can help facilitate contact.
We will keep you updated on any new information and resources as they become available.