DSRIP Statewide Investments
The League has been awarded a contract by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) to develop and implement seven community health workforce initiatives as part of MassHealth's $1.8 billion Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program. The statewide investments to support workforce initiatives total $115 million, a large portion of which will be allocated over the next five years to expand loan repayment, residency training, and clinical learning and leadership opportunities for community-based primary care and behavioral health clinicians. A program of technical assistance to strengthen health center readiness for accountable care will also be launched. The League will work closely with the Association for Behavioral Healthcare (ABH) to administer the behavior health components of these programs.
These investments to grow statewide capacity across the community-based primary care and behavioral health workforce are intended to support MassHealth's broader restructuring efforts to increase quality and lower the total cost of care for members. For this reason, only those organizations currently participating in MassHealth payment reform initiatives are eligible to apply. The programs will be introduced on a rolling basis over the next few months with three recruitment initiatives launching immediately.
Click HERE to view a quick overview on the DSRIP programs that the League is administering. Or click below for more information and application materials:
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Behavioral Health Workforce Development Program
- Community Partner (CP) Recruitment Incentive Program
- Primary Care/Behavioral Health Special Projects Program
- Investments in Community-Based Training & Recruitment:
- Family Medicine & Nurse Practitioner Residency Training Program
- Community Mental Health Center Behavioral Health Recruitment Fund
- Community Health Center Readiness Program
- Informational Webinar: Primary Care/Behavioral Health Special Projects - 4/18
- Informational Webinar: DSRIP Student Loan Repayment Programs Recording - 3/20/18
- FAQs - released 3/22/18, updated 4/2/18
- Slide deck of entire MassHealth DSRIP Statewide Investments program
- Question and Answer period for Student Loan Repayment Program & Behavioral Health Workforce Development Program will be ending on Friday, April 6th. All questions must be submitted to Statewide Investments Inbox (StatewideInvestments@massleague.org) by 2pm on Friday, April 6th - all questions submitted after will not be answered.
- Question and Answer period for Primary Care/Behavioral Health Special Projects Program will be ending on Friday, April 13th. All questions must be submitted to Statewide Investments Inbox (StatewideInvestments@massleague.org) by 2pm on Friday, April 13th - all questions submitted after will not be answered.